What do I need to pick up my tickets? The box office requires a photo ID, the credit card the tickets were ordered with, and the Ticketmaster confirmation number. Subscriber account number for BIB subscribers.
I have seats 2 and 4 – are they next to each other? Yes. In the Citizens Bank Opera House, seats are numbered even on the right, odd on the left, and consecutive hundreds in the middle.
Can you scan a screenshot of my ticket? Yes, we can. Please turn the brightness of your phone all the way up when scanning.
How Do I purchase tickets on-line? The only verified way to purchase tickets for all Broadway In Boston theatrical performances is through Ticketmaster.com. For Boston Ballet, the only verified ticket seller is the Boston Ballet website.
Box Office Questions
When is the Citizens Bank Opera House Box Office open?
- Non-Performance Weeks: Monday – Friday: 10am – 5pm
- Performance Weeks: Monday – Friday: 10am until 30 minutes after curtain
- Saturday – Sunday: Opens two hours prior to matinee and closes 30 minutes after curtain.
- The Citizens Bank Opera House Box Office is closed on Saturday and Sundays during Boston Ballet performance weekends.
- Please Note: Advance ticket sales to upcoming shows are suspended for the thirty minutes prior to the curtain time of that day’s performance.
What tickets does the Citizens Bank Opera House Box Office sell? The Citizens Bank Opera House box office sells tickets to all Citizens Bank Opera House shows except Boston Ballet tickets when they are not in residence. When there is a Boston Ballet show at the Citizens Bank Opera House, we sell tickets to that current production and upcoming Boston Ballet productions.
- Please Note: When there is a Boston Ballet show at the Citizens Bank Opera house, the Ballet box office staff sells tickets on performance days only, opening at 11am. The Citizens Bank Opera house box office staff will still sell tickets at their normal hours of Monday-Friday 10-5. If there is a Ballet production on Saturday, and Sunday, only Boston Ballet tickets will be available for purchase.
What forms of PAYMENT does the Citizens Bank Opera House Box Office accept? We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and cash. Note that credit cards must bear the name of the person purchasing the tickets. Checks are accepted only if the show you are attending is more than ten banking days away from the date of purchase.
- Please Note: The Citizens Bank Opera House charges a modest restoration fee on all tickets in order to assist with costs of maintaining our landmark theater structure.
What time do you START LETTING PEOPLE IN? The lobbies are generally open to public 45 minutes before the advertised curtain time.
Can I bring my CELL PHONE into the theatre? Cell phones are permitted in the theatre, but are required to be off during the performance.
Can I take PICTURES inside the theatre? You can take pictures in the lobby, but not inside the theatre, or during the show.
The Citizens Bank Opera House Policies
- Some shows may not be appropriate for children of all ages. Please enquire at (617) 259–3400.
- Regardless of age, everyone must have a ticket. No “babes in arms” will be allowed.
- Parents may be asked to remove restless children from the auditorium. The parent and child will be able to wait in comfortable lounge while the rest of the family enjoys that show. We appreciate your cooperation.
Bag and Coat Check
All bags are subject to inspection before entering the Citizens Bank Opera House. Coat check is available at every performance at a charge of $5 per coat, $2 per bag/umbrella.
We provide a pumping space in the Mezzanine for all people looking for a private space to pump. The rooms are located in the entrance to the women’s room in the Mezzanine level of the theater. If you need assistance, please ask an usher or manager for help.
For Boston Ballet tickets
- Please call the Boston Ballet box office directly at (617) 695–6955.
For Ticketmaster tickets
- Please call Ticketmaster Customer Service at 1 (800) 982–2787.
For Citizens Bank Opera House box office tickets Please call (617) 880–2495 with the following information:
- Your name
- The date of purchase
- The credit card number
- Your telephone number
he box office will research the order and notify you that a location pass will be issued on the night of the performance. In all cases, a location pass will only be issued on the day of the performance, one hour before the show — no exceptions. For all other performances at the Citizens Bank Opera House please contact your point of purchase.
Tips for Theatregoers
- Leave yourself enough time for traffic.
- Check the date and time of the performance on tickets purchased.
- If you arrive late to your performance you may have to wait to be seated at appropriate breaks in the performance. Please arrive on time, no less than 15 minutes before curtain.
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the venue. The Citizens Bank Opera House does not provide weapon lockers. Weapons may not be checked in at the Guest Services kiosk. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, and knives with blades over 2 inches in length. Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the venue or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be evicted from the venue.